Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Miss Di Pesto!


Sure, it’s the Dalai Lama’s birthday today. It’s also Nancy Regan, Sylvester Stallone and former President, George W. Bush's birthdays. But really? Let’s talk about someone who has really affected my life! Happy birthday to actress Allyce Beasley who spent 5 seasons as the quirky, rhyming receptionist, Agnes Di Pesto on ABC television’s “Moonlighting!” Now, that was great television!!! “Do bears bare? Do bees be?” Miss Di Pesto spent most episodes answering the phone with a snappy little limerick and playing referee to star-crossed detectives, David Addison and Maddie Hayes. Perhaps, I would have graduated top of my class or at least... you know... bothered to have read that damn “Beowulf” even once... but 80s TV was too damn good to make time for that crap. And I don’t regret a single minute of how I spent my Tuesday nights! Happy 56th Birthday, Miss Di Pesto! I can still hear it as if it were yesterday:

Blue Moon Detective Agency.

We're detectives with a heart, we really do our part.

In your moment of need, we'll be there indeed.

So please don't be shy, just give us a try.

We're cooperative and discreet, we really can't be beat.

And if I may be so bold, I'd like to put you on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment